Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default Does your car meet our standards

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 21:56:09 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 03/21/2021 08:39 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/21/2021 10:07 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
Ed Pawlowski writes:

Taking a clue from this apartment complex, it is time to put some
standards for people posting here. They must have a nice looking car.

https://tinyurl.com/3afv2p4t

The Montana Valley Apartments manager noted that the complex doesn?t
allow cars with rust, dents, flat tires, or bad paint to sit in front
of its complex. And while there?s certainly something to be said about
towing a car that?s been immobile for several weeks, tenants here are
arguing that the standards are entirely unfair because it doesn?t
allow them the time to get a repair?especially for people who are
already living paycheck to paycheck.

I have the ugliest car ever made. A Scion Xb, first version.
I love that car. Best car I ever had. Like a box, only boxier.
I'm keeping it.

Well, maybe the Edsel was uglier. But the Scion Xb is up there.

I've seen a lot of them used for advertising though, made a nice
billboard. One of my suppliers had one for deliveries and it could hold
a lot of stuff.

Was the Xb the one with the plastic interior so you could take it to a
car wash, open the doors, and hose the vomit out?

Heck we used to do that with the police cars. I mean what were rubber mats for?

--
Tekkie