Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default poison oak

On Sat, 20 Mar 2021 19:25:02 -0200, dan posted for all of us to digest...

On Sat, 20 Mar 2021 17:54:23 -0000 (UTC), Boris wrote:

I do indeed understand the problem. But, I think you may have me mixed up
with BobF's solution.

Nope. You understand that spraying baby leaves may not get the concentrate
the ten feet to the mother plant in these tiny millimeter diameter vines.

With larger vines like those the thickness of a shovel handle, you can pull
all you want the twenty or thirty feet which leads to the mother plant.

Once you have the mother plant, it's usually only a foot or two wide at the
base where you cut and then immediately spray the ten or twenty thick vines
that go in all directions, and that kills the plant every time.

There's no way with thousands of these that you'll be using little bottles!

BobF inserted leafless stems in little, poison
containing bottles for a period of time.

For thousands of plants?

This worked for BobF. I have
yet to get rid of my morning glory by either pulling or poison.

I have eliminated entire hillsides of poison oak in the past but I use
heavier equipment (like a chainsaw and a rented tiller).

What is different with these little babies is they're so delicate.

The most
effective for me has been pulling back to the mother plant, and spraying
the newer, youngsters. The morning glory is no longer a big problem, even
though it keeps coming back, but slowly.

Yes. Pulling only works though if the vines don't break first.

When I've used a spray, I've never had the leaves fall off.

This is true. I mostly spray cut stems but when I overspray, I can see brown
patches around where I've oversprayed so this may be the case with these
baby poison oaks. I can upload a picture of them if I knew how.

I think what I'll do is spray the thousands of baby plants and then a week
later pull them until the thin vines break (these vines will always break
before I can get to the mother plant as they're six inches or more under the
top of the leaf litter but I can often get ten feet of vine before it
breaks).

Hey Arlen, where are all the pixs you like to post?

--
Tekkie