Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Any idea how to cut an ostrich egg in half?

It was a J O K E

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Paul" wrote in message
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes I was thinking that.
I'm not sure where you would get either egg these days anyway.
You might need to shell out a lot for an Eggcelent cutting tool
nowadays.
Brian

The eggs are available, because there are small hobby farms keeping
exotic birds.

https://farmersforum.com/eastern-ont...ed-to-sustain/

"McIntosh sold 100 eggs two years ago and 60 last year.

He cautions buyers that opening the thicker shell requires a drill or
a hammer.

He also sells steaks, pepperettes and lean ground meat that tastes
like beef."

https://caes-scae.ca/wp-content/uplo...-turvey3-3.pdf

"In the early to mid 1990s, over 300 Ontario farmers switched
production from
conventional livestock into ratites, a category that includes emus,
ostriches, and rhea."

And the market bubble is why there aren't a lot today.

I'm surprised there's no description of "drumsticks". Think
how large a drumstick would be. Yum!

*******

It would be easier, to just print an egg-shaped item on
a 3D printer, use a filament which is paint-able with
acrylic paint, and make the Faberge egg that way.

https://all3dp.com/2/beginner-s-guid...rints-pla-abs/

Paul