Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Any idea how to cut an ostrich egg in half?

In article ,
Paul wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 21/03/2021 09:59, Paul wrote:

It would be easier, to just print an egg-shaped item on
a 3D printer, use a filament which is paint-able with
acrylic paint, and make the Faberge egg that way.

https://all3dp.com/2/beginner-s-guid...rints-pla-abs/

Were 3D printers commonly available 15 years ago when the question was
asked?

And it's not in the spirit of Faberge eggs anyway :-)

I did like the comment about "a drill or a hammer" though.
That's one tough egg. The bird inside must have a diamond beak,
to get out.

The strenght of the shell is much less inside to out.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England