Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 12 important questions and answers before considering vaccination

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 8:58:00 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 20 Mar 2021 02:12:03 -0400, micky
wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 19 Mar 2021 15:54:19 -0400,
wrote:

If I don't get vaccinated, am I more likely to kill some of my family
and friends?

Yes. At least the ones too stupid to have gotten vaccinated.

You missed the point Fauci and his gang said. The vaccine is not
proven to reduce transmission so you are not protecting others.

You have a pretty obvious mistake here. All you can say is, "The vaccine
is not proven to reduce transmission so IT IS NOT PROVEN THAT you are
protecting others." I don't have to explain why this sentence is
correct, right?

Read that in the context of the thread.

We did and what you've been posting is still wrong, very wrong. Micky is
right.

Further, there is quite a bit of evidence from israel that Pfizer does
reduce transmission, and Moderna is basically the same as Pfizer, so
that's another mistake.

Tell Fauci. He didn't get that memo.

I didn't see the relevant exchange. But given your track record with 1+1
= 7
I can guess what could have happened. And Fauci is trying to guide a
country,
he's not going to rush to change national policy based on one study.
Especially when for most purposes, it doesn't matter right now. You
expect
Fauci to say, well, if you've been vaccinated, based on what we see now
from the Israel study, you don't need to wear a mask. It doesn't take
much
thought to figure out what would happen then. There are already 40% of
the population that wouldn't have been wearing masks from the beginning,
regardless of vaccines. They are Covid deniers. So if Fauci gave the
green
light, Walmart and similar would be swamped with morons showing up
wearing no masks, claiming they have been vaccinated and demanding to
be let in. And Fauci, like the rest of the sane folks, know it's just a
simple
mask.

It's really something. Trump for months spewed one false statement, one
lie
after another about Covid. He turned to govt officials and asked them to
start
investigating cleansing people's lungs with bleach. He held death
rallies, no
masks, no social distancing. Not a peep about any of that. But Fauci,
your
all over him with criticism, like white on rice.

Cindy just said this about it protecting you.

"The effectiveness of the Moderna is 94.1%; Pfizer, 95%,
Johnson & Johnson, 66%."

Since the survival rate of unvaccinated people is 99.7% or so those
numbers are somewhat un reassuring.

Scott is right. If you're comparing 94.1, 95, and 99.7, you shouldn't
be. They represent two different things that are independent of each
other.

OK here is another number
"Scientists and researchers are constantly tracking infections and
recoveries. But they have data only on confirmed cases, so they cant
count people who dont get COVID-19 tests. Experts also dont have
information about the outcome of every infection. However, early
estimates predict that the overall COVID-19 recovery rate is between
97% and 99.75%."
https://www.webmd.com/lung/covid-recovery-overview#1

Funny, you told us yesterday that the Covid death rate was just 0.3%
Now apparently it's 0.25% to as high as 3%.

I am doing the Pfizer Sunday but mostly because it was free and easy.
I am not convinced it is going to improve my life much if I still need
to wear a mask and avoid seeing people according to the government.

That's the thing so many people don't appreciate. You're not sick now
and if you don't get sick in the next 2 years, you probably won't know
-- I don't know how you could know -- if it's because you didn't meet
anyone with Corona, you did but you wouldn't have caught it from him
anyhow, or you would have caught it but the vaccine saved you.

I have been far from a hermit. I am out running around pretty much
like normal for the last year, in an unlocked down state and if I got
it, I was asymptomatic. No I am not running scared like most of you. I
am getting the vaccine because it was easy at CVS, just like I said I
would do months ago when the vaccine was announced.
I was not willing to get in Black Friday lines or be "caller # 47" in
some call in contest.

Based on all that you've posted I really don't understand why you're
getting the vaccine.

Thats obvious. Its free and easy to get and there is no evidence
of a risk anything like the risk of getting infected with covid.

Clearly he isnt an anti vaxer as you stupidly claimed.