Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Grass shears

On Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 8:00:29 AM UTC, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Saturday, 20 March 2021 at 10:33:06 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
I think you're after a virtually non-existent tool/machine. I have a
similar issue (I think) on a larger scale, trimming around a large area
of lawn and under (lower than they should be) trees in an orchard.

I have never (and I've been searching for 20 years or more) found a
simple, 'easy' (as in not tiring) way of doing this.

In the main it comes down to 'some sort of strimmer', since I have a
lot of various types to do I have more than one strimmer but which
ever you use it's hard work. One of the better approaches I found was
a Bosch grass trimmer with wheels but it wasn't really big and tough
enough for my requirements. A strimmer with wheels *might* go some of
the way to what you need though, much more controllable and less hard
work when you don't have to support the business end.

You could be right there!

We have the Stihl version of this
https://www.bosch-diy.com/gb/en/gard...d-grass-shears
its also useful for mild topiary,

I got sucked into the Bosch 18v garden system. As I had 18v Blue tools assumed the batteries where interchangeable. Anyway got an 18v strimmer for when it wasn't worth taking out the petrol engine jobbie. I do not like at all. However haven't stumped up for the battery and the charger went ahead and got one of these
https://www.bosch-diy.com/gb/en/p/ad...401-v100047538
which is much more useful IME