Posted to alt.home.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default poison oak

On 03/19/2021 02:22 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/19/2021 4:26 PM, dan wrote:
Which works better to eradicate thousands of little poison oak plants?

All are small (about a millimeter to two or three millimeters in stem
diameter) where they're vines so some stick up six inches to a foot to even
three feet and when I pull them I can generally get another five or ten feet
of under the leaves rooty vine.

They're easy to pull up out of the ground.
They're easy to spray since they have a distinctive set of leaves.

But which works best for long term poison oak eradication?
Pulling?
Spraying? (roundup)

I'd go with Roundup or similar. Pulling has the risk of getting the
stuff on you and leaving behind roots to grow again.

I go with Roundup, but get the Walmart version in the gallon container
with the battery-operated sprayer which is MUCH cheaper than the
official stuff. I had a euphorbia infestation which succumbed nicely to
chemical attack -- a few survivors hid behind the ivy, but when they got
tall enough to see I pulled them out and danced naked around their
corpses. Well, I wanted to, anyway...

It does NOTHING against Algerian ivy, though. If you have that stuff
you have to either dig it up or burn it, and I'm not so sure about
burning it.

--
Cheers, Bev
When you stop bitching you start dying.