Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Cement setting times in current weather

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 20 Mar 2021 18:59:22 +0000, Chris Green wrote:

I've searched on the internet but I'm having trouble finding 'real
world' practical cement setting times. It's fairly easy to find how
long it will be workable and thus when you have to finish a mix.
However finding when it will be acceptably hard and strong is more
difficult.

So, at present, with outside temperatures in the 5 to 10 degrees
Celsius sort of range (hereabouts anyway) how long should I be
expecting my cement to take before being reasonably hard? I know it's
upwards of a month before it has reached most of its final strength
but I want to know when I can put weight on slabs supported by
concrete and when pointing will be strong enough to walk around on.

Two to three days seems a reasonable guess but is that for warmer times?

https://www.cemex.co.uk/using-concre...d-weather.aspx
https://www.cement.org/learn/concret...her-concreting

Thank you, those are useful.

--