Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Desk ideas

Does it matter unless you are recreating a virtual board room or something?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
" wrote in message
Hi All,

With a future now of working from home, we have decided to renovate our
study. The current iteration of the design has some painted units along the
back wall and a large desk on the opposite wall (has the entrance door to
one side and rest the desk). The units we are looking to make them look
like a piece of purpose built furniture and keen to also make the desk look
more interesting/ like a piece of furniture rather than a piece of worktop/
board with 4 legs etc. Both I am informed I am going to be making

We are flexible on a modern vs traditional design and some ideas we have had
are
1. Something that is say 900m one end narrowing down to say 400mm (2m long)
and at the 400m end (where the door is) some shelves to form the leg.
2. A piece of timber which has the bark/ ragged edge still on for the front
edge
3. Glass (although not particularly keen)

Anyone come across some more interesting designs/ materials used?

Thanks in advance

Lee.