Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Side road resurfacing

In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , NY writes
"jon" wrote in message ...
On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 13:02:12 +0000, Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:

Originally concrete slab, later tarmaced. They are resurfacing and have
scrapped up the tarmac down to concrete - how long do they normally
leave it, before returning to retarmac?

It's been two weeks now.

They could leave it, we have some concrete roads around here.

I remember when major roads like the A34 between Oxford and the M40
were made up of concrete slabs, with tar expansion joints. Not a nice
road surface to drive on - very hard (tarmac is hard, but there's a bit
more give in it) and the thump-thump-thump of each joint gets very
annoying after a few seconds ;-) About the only thing in their favour
was that concrete roads were very hard-wearing and didn't need
resurfacing every few years.

There is a section of the M25 a bit like that Ashstead/ Reigate area.

it carries on to Chertsey (11). I live close to J10

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England