Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Desk ideas

In message , Andy Burns
writes
Andrew wrote:

I use an old fire door that came out of Boots Brighton refurb
Being a fire door it takes my weight if I need to clean the
window and allows moveable storage arrangements underneath.

I used 40mmx3mx1m butcher block, it's supported on battens around four
walls, similarly it'll take my weight, the plastic drawer units left
and right underneath can be pulled out.

http://andyburns.uk/misc/desk.jpg

Nice!

Any sources for *slot in* file drawers?

The entire desk offering on the Viking site has just been rejected by my
wife who has opted for me to make! a matching larger version of her
nested Oak tables.
The files are to be fitted in the boxed off alcove next to her dormer
window. Shelving I can do.

--
Tim Lamb