Andrew

Default Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

In article , PoP
writes
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 22:14:36 -0000, "al"
wrote:

I choose to live in London not because I work here but because I want to.
Some people like the quiet life - I don't.

I hate London or anywhere that is built up. A good night out for me is
a quiet meal in a decent and half-empty pub with my wife. My dream
home would be a quiet village which has a good pub, post office and
place to get provisions.

And I'd sell the car tomorrow if I could find an existence where it
wasn't required.

You could do that in the West Sussex village where I live. It has three
pubs, a co-op mini-store, cafe/restaurant, 2 garden centres, butcher,
pet shop, a small Sainsbury metro store, post-office, (a small tesco and
primary care centre in the near future) Travis-perkins BM, 50 miles from
London, 12 to Worthing, RSPB nature reserve nearby on what was a
useless, Grade 3 (=rubbish land) arable/beef farm, Main line station
from Bognor to London (1hr 10mins).

Unfortunately being in commuter land houses are expensive. Small 3 bed
semi £200,000 and anything that has any character is a second home.
You'll need £300,000+ for anything decent. Meanwhile there is Grade 3
'agricultural' land all around going to waste.

PoP

If you really must use the email address provided
with my newsreader please be aware that the email
is processed with spamcop. As a result your email
to me might be treated as spam!

--
Andrew