Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Desk ideas

wrote

Hi All,

All hanged himself, got too many querys.

With a future now of working from home,

All you really need is soundproof cages for the kids on
the back fence line. Individual cages so they can't fight.

we have decided to renovate our study. The current
iteration of the design has some painted units along
the back wall and a large desk on the opposite wall
(has the entrance door to one side and rest the desk).
The units we are looking to make them look like a piece
of purpose built furniture and keen to also make the desk
look more interesting/ like a piece of furniture rather than
a piece of worktop/ board with 4 legs etc. Both I am informed
I am going to be making

You need to trade her in on a new bimbo.

We are flexible on a modern vs traditional
design and some ideas we have had are
1. Something that is say 900m one end narrowing
down to say 400mm (2m long) and at the 400m end
(where the door is) some shelves to form the leg.
2. A piece of timber which has the bark/
ragged edge still on for the front edge

Tad rustic.

3. Glass (although not particularly keen)

Anyone come across some more
interesting designs/ materials used?

Vlad the Impaler was into impaling his enemys on stakes and
having those tastefully arranged around the dining area.

Not clear how H&S would feel about that now tho.

Thanks in advance