Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] leen...@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Desk ideas

Hi All,

With a future now of working from home, we have decided to renovate our study. The current iteration of the design has some painted units along the back wall and a large desk on the opposite wall (has the entrance door to one side and rest the desk). The units we are looking to make them look like a piece of purpose built furniture and keen to also make the desk look more interesting/ like a piece of furniture rather than a piece of worktop/ board with 4 legs etc. Both I am informed I am going to be making

We are flexible on a modern vs traditional design and some ideas we have had are
1. Something that is say 900m one end narrowing down to say 400mm (2m long) and at the 400m end (where the door is) some shelves to form the leg.
2. A piece of timber which has the bark/ ragged edge still on for the front edge
3. Glass (although not particularly keen)

Anyone come across some more interesting designs/ materials used?

Thanks in advance

Lee.