Posted to rec.woodworking

Default jointers

On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 09:17:17 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/17/2021 3:25 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 10:49:22 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet

I really need to add 4 swiveling wheels. The only thing slowing me down is
that changing the height would mean modifying my outfeed table. I mounted
a channel on the back of the saw that the OFT slips into. The far end rests
on my workbench, perfectly level.

My out feed is mounted solely on the TS so no issues. I can even move
the saw with the out feed up and loaded.

The room my TS is in is rather cramped (TS, BS, DP, upright cabinets,
and cutting table (i.e. track saw) so I have one of these for an
outfeed table:
https://www.kregtool.com/shop/workspace/bench-systems/

I used this on my old Jet cabinet saw and Now on my SawStop. For me It
is perfect. I never have to put it down to move the saw, it is always
on the same plane as the TS top as it is mounted directly to the saw and
takes up little room when folded down.

WOW have those things gone up!!! I paid $250 the first time 22 years
ago and about $300 8 years ago.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/h...hoCCAQQAvD_BwE

I've seen those. I believe Grizzley was selling the too.

It's on four locking swivel casters so I can move it out of the way
easily. The only problem is the TS's dust collector hose has to go
between its legs, so it is somewhat of a pain to move.

I should add, that it moves out of the way but it's always moving,
too.