Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Restocking button batteries

" wrote in message
On Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 5:54:54 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
" wrote in message
On Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 2:05:53 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
" wrote in message
On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 4:34:15 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
" wrote in message
On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 1:30:35 PM UTC-4, dan wrote:
On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 07:49:45 -0600, rbowman wrote:

I use AAA in quite a few things, flashlights, headlamps,
remotes,
and
so
forth.
My rule on AAA is different I think since they usually cost
about
the
same
as AA but deliver half the power. So I avoid AA "if I can."

My logic on C is the same as my logic on AAA which is they cost
about
the
same as do D but at less than the capacity of D so I avoid
buying
any
device
that is designed to use C that instead could have been designed
use
D.

Huh. We don't even think about that when we buy stuff.
I do and with what batterys are used in the cordless phones.

Cordless phones. How quaint.
Yeah, I dont use them anymore.
It has to be standard rechargeable format AAs.
Other features are much more important
than the type of battery the gadget takes.
It makes sense to include the type of battery as well.
I have a kitchen timer that takes a button battery (or two, if
memory
serves).
It's a pain to change. I wish the thing had a AAA or AA battery.

So you should have considered that when you bought it, stupid.

Its most important feature was that it have a numeric keypad. That's
used every day. I only have to change the batteries once in a while.
Still makes sense to consider more than just the most important
feature,
stupid.

Really, the keypad was the ONLY feature. There aren't that many digital
kitchen timers with keypads. I would have settled for one that plugs
into
the wall.

Works much better to have one of the smart speakers and do it by voice.
No need for any battery at all with those.

I won't have one of those spy devices in my house.

More fool you.