Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Grass shears

I'm hoping to find an alternative to a crappy strimmer I currently have available.

Many years ago, I tried a grossly under-powered but cheap grass shear device - like a mini-headge cutter. It worked but was incredibly slow and had dreadful battery life.

The target usage is the edges of the lawn. Where the mower simply doesn't manage.

I looked around and found far fewer than I expected. One apparently decent device was this Makita:

Model DUM604 is 160mm a cordless grass shear powered by LXT 18V Li-ion battery.

https://makitauk.com/product/dum604zx

Some criticisms of the Makita made me hesitant. Like weight. Cost of long handle. Indeed, cost of the device itself! (I don't have any higher power rechargeable batteries - still use an old Bosch from NiMH days. So would have to factor in cost of batter and charger.)

Any suggestions?