Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Computer sound query

In article ,
Bert Coules wrote:
Pamela wrote:

I don't know if your ears can hear it but
you can see the horrible HF interference on the
desktop mic and I wouldn't use it.

I can't hear it, but others here have commented on it, and of course I can
see it on the chart.

The Logitech sounds better to me but perhaps you find it too smooth.
Maybe Windows 7 lets you attenuate the bass frequencies or apply a
bass-cut (high pass) filter.

If there is such an option in Win7 I can't find it; I suspect that it's
not possible for live work. If you and others think it's acceptable,
I'm happy to go along with that.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I suspect, Bert, your best option would be to put a graphic equaliser in
your speaker feed and set it for best with your hearing. None of those
mics would cause any real problems with intelligibility for others on a
Zoom meeting.

--
*You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.