Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Computer sound query

In article ,
Pamela wrote:
Your webcam provides a digital signal to the PC, while the desktop
electret provides an analogue one. Controls for each (level, EQ,
etc) within the PC will be different.

I think the desktop mic was USB. So all the same. An electret (maybe more
than one) with electronics to convert to digital.

And I don't think you'll find any EQ controls for a UBS mic that work in
real time, ie suitable for a Zoom meeting.

The only method I've found is to stay in analogue for EQ etc, then feed
into the PC.

--
*Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.