Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A [vertical] Plain of Jars

"David Lesher" wrote in message ...

Somewhere I have seen a vertical rack of small jars suitable for
screws, etc. It was in a catalog next to bins on shelves. But
now I can't find them.

Anybody seen same for sale?

I thought jars with lids screwed to a rack was a good idea until I saw one
in person. They use space poorly because they have to be separated for hand
clearance. Close nesting rectangular containers like Akro bins fit much more
into the same wall area.

I separate screws by thread size and whether rust-proof or not, but not by
length, which greatly reduces the number of bins and fills them better.
Often I don't know the best length until I take the bin to where I'm
assembling the device and try a few sizes.