Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

"marika" wrote in message
On Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 6:33:33 AM UTC-5, jimmy wrote:
On 3/14/21 6:37 AM, Peeler wrote:
Clearly the several vaccines on the market work, already produced
positive
results and already saved quite a few lives (quickly stabilizing
infected
patients that were close to death).

Again, why the mask requirement?

We flattened the curve a year ago. Why are the dimocraps still holding
America hostage?

I watched an interview with a former surgeon general who answered your
question coincidentally

Flattening the curve does NOT mean you eradicate the disease. It means
you slow the rate of spread. Generally does not change the death rate.
It changes the speed with which people get ill and the extent to which
they impact health services.

So masks are still needed where spread is high even with a flattened curve

They are actually still needed to be safer for a while because
we havent seen how well the vaccines prevent infection yet,
all the Phase III trials proved is that they do radically reduce
severe disease and the Johnson and Johnson eliminated all
deaths from the disease.

We will only know how well the vaccines do at reducing
the spread of the virus once we get places like Israel
vaccinating a high percentage of their population and
have very reliable stats on who gets infected after that.

I am glad there is so much good information out
there, it is available if you care to avail yourself of it

Yeah, that is something that has been done very well indeed.