cjm

Default Cryntel engineered wood flooring

Hi everyone. I searched the 'net last night for some information, but
very little was to be found. Lowe's here sells an engineered glue
down floor, Cryntel Heritage Plank. I was very wary of the $2.47/sq
ft price, seeing as most things that appear to be a little too good to
be true generally are. However, I was scratch testing the surfaces of
the various solid and engineered hardwoods, and the surface on this
stuff was damn near as tough as the good laminate floors. It's
roughly 1/2" thick with a relatively thick top layer, so I gather it
can be refinished a few times if need be. The warranty is 25 years,
which is pretty impressive. The planks are around 3" wide or so, glue
down, tongue and groove, with the adhesive on the backing--basically
just peel & stick. They had a display mounted on plywood, and it
feels nice and solid.

So, I'm very tempted to go with this, but the low price and lack of
any real information about it anywhere concerns me. Is this perhaps
manufactured by somebody else and sold under the 'Cryntel' brand? So
far I've only seen it at Lowe's, not at any of the flooring companies
around here.

thanks,
-c