Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Computer sound query

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Bert Coules wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Main difference on a very quick listen on the computer speakers is the
bass end. Very common to roll off some bass for clearer speech. And
very easy do do - at least in analogue.

Thanks for the thought. Simplicity itself of course if I were recording
for later playback, but I have no immediate means of adjusting the
sound for live Zoom or Skype work.

Quite. I've looked for a graphic equaliser or whatever that would work in
real time with a USB mic, but not found one. For Zoom etc. I'd guess it
simply is impossible. So the answer may be to use an analogue mic into a
small mixer with decent EQ. Some searching shows there are very
inexpensive ones around that have a USB output - but they tend to have
very basic EQ, just bass and treble. For a lapel mic you really need a mid
range peak. If your computer has analogue audio in, the choice of mixers
is much wider.

???

https://www.howtogeek.com/364371/how...-any-hardware/

Paul