Posted to uk.d-i-y
JNugent[_7_] JNugent[_7_] is offline

Default DVD Player advice

On 16/03/2021 03:00 pm, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
JNugent wrote:
On 15/03/2021 11:35 am, JohnP wrote:
JohnP wrote in
:

Need a new one as the old one has loading problems and is now in the
bin. Want a cheap one as it hardly gets used should I get one with
HDMI output? Old one used SCART. TV has the sockets.

I have just read that SCART will automatically select the DVD on the TV.

So does HDMI.

Mine (a Blu Ray player) switches the TV on and selects the correct
peripheral channel. Both items are Sony.

It's often switchable in the TV menu. As was SCART.

The settings menus are so often impenetrably labelled. A Sony HDD/DVD-R
machine displayed everything in 4:3 through HDMI but 16:9 via SCART.
Discs recorded on it played back properly (16:9) on other players.

It took me ages to work out which setting was wrong on the DVD-R
machine, but I found it eventually.