Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Computer sound query

In article ,
Bert Coules wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Without the hiss and buzz, all would be perfectly acceptable for Zoom
meetings, set to the correct level.

The level - or levels - surprised me, since despite their slight
differences what they have in common is that they're all very low.
That comparison recording was made with Audacity, which needed its
input sensitivity to be at maximum to capture any appreciable signal at
all.

Am I overlooking a Windows 7 master-setting for incoming audio? I've
certainly no recollection of ever seeing one.

Dunno, Bert. I've never actually recorded from a USB mic to Audacity. I
tend to do that via a mixer in analogue from analogue mics. I have an ex
BBC balanced in and out Digigram sound card. Digits are a bit too new for
me. ;-)

--
*Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.