Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Computer sound query

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I have a mid price headset that works very
well indeed. Decent mic and decent earphones
for speech. But I don't want to use one for Zoom stuff.

I am of the same mind. Thanks for that, and your other recent thoughts.

Playing my comparison recording through my AV setup produced a very
different result: both the Logitech and the cheap separate mic sounded
perfectly acceptable, and the sound from the older webcam mic was thin and
bodiless. Which strongly suggests that the weak link in the chain for my
main PC is the playback: the main-board audio circuitry, or the speakers. I
don't know which of the two would produce the most obvious improvement if
upgraded.