Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT. Ireland suspends AstraZeneca vaccine amid blood clot reports

On 3/15/2021 8:58 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 19:03:31 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 3/15/2021 2:06 PM,
wrote:

Also having suffered and recovered from a pulmonary embolism decades ago
I know that most people do not know how wide spread the problem with
blood clots is"

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/dvt/infographic-impact.html

The surgeon that removed my blood clot told me this and even his own
father had died of one.

Have you been tested for Factor V Leiden ?
My Prussian ancestors seemed to have passed along this gene.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20372423

I've been taking 1-a-day 325 ASA for ~ 35 years .
coated, delayed release
It might be advisable that your spawn tested -
- especially the young women -
who may be on the pill and/or pregnant.
John T.

I was fully tested by a hematologist and came up with no cause for the
embolism. I think it may have started as a DVT from sitting cramped up
in a deer stand. I had the leg pain but it went away. Took a long time
for the embolism to develop. I had been taking a daily aspirin at the
time. Now I am on blood thinner for life. While it takes longer for
blood to clot when I get a cut and I bruise easily, there is extra
protection against strokes.

Decades ago - they might not have done the test at all ;
and the genetic tests didn't exist. My blood clots go back
to early 1980's - I learned about Factor V Leiden years later -
- late 90's - after my brother went into emerg. with a PE.
And as I said - the genetic condition might be more
important to your spawn & their spawn than to you.
fore-warned is fore-armed ..
John T.

It was 1999 for me and they did check for Leiden factor. Blood thinners
did not resolve embolism and surgery was in Nov. 2000. They also
installed a clot filter which is still there and stable.