Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Computer sound query

On 15/03/2021 18:39, Bert Coules wrote:
I've uploaded a 28 second WAV file with a sample recording from all
three microphones currently available to me: the Logitech webcam, the
separate cheapo desktop mic, and the mic in my old (low grade video)
webcam.

In each instance I was speaking at the same level and at roughly the
same distance.Â* Recording made in Audacity with the mic input control at
maximum (and the recorded level startlingly low).Â* I've done nothing to
clean up or alter the recordings, since what I'm after is a decent sound
quality for live Zoom chatting.

If anyone would be kind enough to listen I'd be grateful for any thoughts.

http://bertcoules.co.uk/non%20websit...rch%202021.wav

The 'old web cam' is remarkably bassless. sounds like a ceramic driving
too low an impedance The new web cam and the desktop are broadly similar
and the differences could be down to position versus where the voice was.

I'd say all were acceptable for voice

let them."