Posted to uk.d-i-y
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default Bosch AK42 Chainsaw leaking oil when stored.

On 16/3/21 4:56 am, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 15/03/2021 16:31, Patxitxi wrote:
Mine leaked from day one. Taking into account the sophisticated motor
and mechanical adjustments of these machines it seems as if the oil
delivery was not thought properly (was it so difficult to provide a
way to regulate the oil flow?) It leaks ALL oil left in the deposit.
(so I need to refill every time I use it again)

total loss oiling system will lose oil over time when stored ...

My chainsaws dont.

not much you can do about it except turn it upside down and drain the
oil ....

store it on whichever side leaks less.