Posted to alt.home.repair

Default We're almost there.

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 09:50:14 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 09:36:57 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
wrote:

On Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 10:11:25 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, March 13, 2021 at 11:46:35 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 13 Mar 2021 19:24:53 +0000 (UTC), danny
burstein wrote:
In micky writes:

Masks, anti-social distancing, no travel. The time is now to stop
all
this stuff.

Look at it this way. When I take a 1000-mile trip and I'm 800 miles
along, I know I'm almost there.

Reasonable analogy, but we're only 150 miles along.
And if we were 800 miles out of a 1000, it would still be too early to
stop buying gas, using the wipers, minding the oil light.

But that's the way some people out there are sure to behave, because
there is a vaccine, even if they and the people they know haven't
gotten
it yet.

The tragic and stupid part is that some of those people are governors.
In Texas for example, the governor removed the requirement for masks.
One city, think it was Austin, issued a requirement to continue wearing
them
there. The Republican AG is going to court to try to stop it. So now in
TX,
responsible businesses, eg Walmart are in a terrible position.

But, who can get through to those Texas big oil republicans? I bet when
that attorney was lying in his bed while it was just 10 degrees, he
probably started finally considering what the schools and colleges told
him about green energy. Instead of fighting it.

Green energy had very little to offer here. Their windmills were down
too and if the wires coming to your house are down, it doesn't matter
how the power is generated.

Even having the current darling, a grid attached solar
array would not help because without the grid to clock
the inverter you get nothing.

That's bull**** with the best inverters.

Adding stand alone capability gets pretty expensive.

More bull****.

Again you are just wrong but rock on.
A stand alone system requires transfer equipment and batteries.
You also may not get the government subsidy. That subsidy is the main
thing that makes this affordable.