Posted to alt.home.repair

Default water proofing the corners of formica over particle board

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 09:48:26 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
news
On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 16:55:53 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

The real answer is don't use particle board for counter tops

That's bull****. It works fine when done properly.

but that ship sailed. CDX is better than sawdust and
glue but a good exterior grade of plywood is better.

Stupid waste of money.

Particle board is ****

Bull****.

and any quality installer will avoid using it.

More bull****.

Plywood or MDF is not that much more expensive.

More bull**** with your exterior grade plywood.

You get what you pay for.

More utterly mindless bull****.

The only mica I have here is a small round table in the pool bar.
This has been living outside for over 30 years and it is OK. I sealed
the edges of the plywood with poly before I glued the mica down
and it is doing fine. I can't say as much for the oak flooring I put
on the bar. I ripped that off and put granite on it.

**** that, breaks stuff too easily and stupidly priced.

I got it for free. It isn't that easy to break if you get the 1.5"
stuff.

I was talking about what you drop on it, that's why I said STUFF, stupid.

I assume a cheapskate like you only looked at the 3/4 - 1" stuff.

I'm not actually stupid enough to use it at all.

Maybe quartz is more your thing.
It is cheaper and pretty indestructible.

I was talking about what you drop on it, that's why I said STUFF, stupid.

It is clear you are clueless so go ahead and rock on with your trailer
park mica.