Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Computer sound query

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
I've uploaded a 28 second WAV file with a sample recording from all three
microphones currently available to me: the Logitech webcam, the separate
cheapo desktop mic, and the mic in my old (low grade video) webcam.

In each instance I was speaking at the same level and at roughly the same
distance. Recording made in Audacity with the mic input control at
maximum (and the recorded level startlingly low). I've done nothing to
clean up or alter the recordings, since what I'm after is a decent sound
quality for live Zoom chatting.

If anyone would be kind enough to listen I'd be grateful for any thoughts.

http://bertcoules.co.uk/non%20websit...rch%202021.wav

The last one, the old web cam, is certainly better with more high frequencys
but the other 2 are quite acceptable and I don't hear the grossly excessive
bass and booming you complained about initially.