Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Snit[_3_] Snit[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Mar 15, 2021 at 12:00:27 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 02:00:37 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Mar 10, 2021 at 11:37:59 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Sun, 07 Mar 2021 23:18:35 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Mar 7, 2021 at 1:05:10 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

I am too cheap to buy a package tracker that works on both my computer and my
phone so I have a free on on each. They do not communicate -- but that is OK,
I only want some on my phone anyway. For those ones I right click on the item
on the computer one and select "Send to Mail" and then mail to an address I
have listed as "Package Tracker". Sometimes I only type the "pa" and wait for
it to autofill. Well, if I have recently emailed someone which that is
relevant to I will create an email to that person showing my tracking stuff.
Usually catch it... except once. Now I try to be a bit more careful. Patrick
did not want to know when the inflatable sheep was getting to my house.

What's a package tracker? If I want to see where something I've bought is, I go to the website of the company that's delivering it.

Even before the pandemic we did a lot of ordering online. Now we do more. If I
have packages coming from the USPS, UPS, FedEx, and others it is good to have
them all in one place. I generally have most on my desktop and then ones I
want with me on mobile also on my phone. Came in very handy the other day when
I shipped some stuff to a disabled friend in another city -- I knew when it
was delivered. I called him and he was able to get assistance bringing it
inside before it was stolen.

I just order stuff and get it when it arrives. If it's late, I contact the seller. I see no need to track anything.

I do that with a lot of stuff, but sometimes -- like with the example -- it is
good to know. And sometimes just fun to see when it will arrive.

What kind of couriers do you have that won't help a disabled person with a package?

FedEx. UPS. USPO. Each just knocks on his door and runs (though UPS has had a
few drivers who have actually helped, it is not the norm). For a couple of
MONTHS the USPO would not even deliver to his apartment complex because the
mailboxes had been damaged. He has no real way to get to those mailboxes
anyway -- the ramp to the office area where they have the mailboxes is set so
you have to go over a curb to get to it (utter insanity).

Being disabled and poor he lives in a very, very bad neighborhood -- so if he
does not get to the door fast enough the package is often gone.

He does have someone from a local church who helps him out, and I send any
packages going to that person instead.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow