Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Computer sound query

I've uploaded a 28 second WAV file with a sample recording from all three
microphones currently available to me: the Logitech webcam, the separate
cheapo desktop mic, and the mic in my old (low grade video) webcam.

In each instance I was speaking at the same level and at roughly the same
distance. Recording made in Audacity with the mic input control at maximum
(and the recorded level startlingly low). I've done nothing to clean up or
alter the recordings, since what I'm after is a decent sound quality for
live Zoom chatting.

If anyone would be kind enough to listen I'd be grateful for any thoughts.

http://bertcoules.co.uk/non%20websit...rch%202021.wav