Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default DVD Player advice

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 10:06:11 GMT, JohnP wrote:

Need a new one as the old one has loading problems and is now in the bin.

When you sat 'the bin', you mean aside to go in the electronics
recycling?

Want a cheap one as it hardly gets used should I get one with HDMI output?

I think it will be fairly difficult to get one without these days?

Old one used SCART.

Sounds typical.

TV has the sockets.

I bought a new 'basic' DVD player when my stepdaughter went into the
Hospice because she hadn't got long, daughter wanted to watch a
particular film with her and it might have taken a week to get a PAT
on an existing one (new didn't need testing).

They managed to watch the film in bursts as / when she was conscious.

The room TV had both SCART and HDMI.

Cheers, T i m