Posted to uk.telecom,uk.d-i-y,comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Cursitor Doom[_10_] Cursitor Doom[_10_] is offline

Default New BBC and Absolute radio streaming URLS

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 19:40:17 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 14/03/2021 19:35, Axel Berger wrote:
Cursitor Doom wrote:
Hard to believe anyone with an internet radio would still want to
listen to the ****e the BBC has to offer,

Come to Germany and you'll see how enormously grateful I am for the BBC.
Whatever do you have in mind, that could be even comparable to them?

That's fine if you want to listen to Globalist Left-wing propaganda
and nothing else. Personally I can't bear it.

I sympathise.
In continental Europe on FM the only classical music radio was
re-broadcasts for Radio 3 concerts and nothing in German.

You must be joking. When I was living in Germany ISTR there was no
shortage of classical music on both TV and radio. De Radio Kultur did
a lot of it (that's the only station name I can remember as it was a
good few years ago).

I used to listen on longwave after the demise of the British forces'
BFBS. You can't think what a great change podcasts and streeams have
made to my listening.

Indeed

Yes indeed, but *nothing* the BBC has to offer, I'm sorry to say.

--

"Andrey Semyonovitch really was rather stupid; he attached himself to the
progressive cause and 'our younger generation' from enthusiasm. He was one

- Fyodor Dostoevsky