Bob Urz

Default Audio Wiring Estimate

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:
"Bob Urz" wrote in message

OK, you got my trolling attention now. I have got vintage Phase linear
system with a 700 led amp. Speakers are old custom built with EV T350
tweeter, EV compression mid ranges and trusonic 12" woofers. Definitely
old school stuff.

If you got 604 Altecs i would definitely hold on to them.
If i were to guess, you got some old 511 horns, 808 drivers, and 421
woofers? If there the 2", then 311 horns or 288/291 drivers. (HEAVY!)
maybe some EV white whales?

They don't build some stuff like they used to.

Nikko erm alphaII powr amp.

Matching preamp and fm......

If that's the black series with the rack mount ears, AFAIRC that's was
pretty nice solid gear. KInd of in line with what the old pioneer spec 2
stuff was.
Bass bins are the electrovoice sentry IV B--folded horns 2 x 10in altec
compression woofers in each.

Lacking crossovers, I wound my own, many years ago, simple butterworth 2
way, IIRC.... 500hz....

The old voice of the theater was stock at 500 HZ. That is a little low
for some horn/driver combos. An old A7 system would blow you our of your
house with 50 watts. Someone is reproducing them now at some
astronomical price.
The horns are the altec 1105 with some altec driver--nice but still I dont
get the dispersion I would like in this room.....you still need to be sittng
directly in the line of fire to really hear the high frequency reproduction
these are capable of.

I don't remember a 1105 at all. How big was it and what did it look
like?. Did it use a bolt on two flange 1" driver?

Sadly, I have basically become utterly deaf in my right ear--likely as a
direct result of noise exposure due to my customary line of work, and so my
interest in stereo high fidelity has waned somewhat over the last decade or
so.....

Hell, these kids drive around in there boom boom cars at such a loud
level i am surprised the windows don't pop out or the sheet metal deform
from the flexing.

So, anyone using compressed air blasts in their daily work routine should
heed my warning....

Shooting some compressed air up someone's posterior can have some
usage...

Bob
.....WEAR EARPLUGS.....

Cheers,