Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: 'Self defrosting' freezers?

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 17:13:22 +0000 (UTC), RJH
wrote:

snip

Ah, interesting, and would you say opening the door with the handle
that high is easy / intuitive? Some magnet catch / seals are very
'catchy' ... no movement of the freezer itself (even when stood on a
TD) when you open it?

It'd be far too clumsy to use the handle at that height - even for a tall
person.

I felt it might be.

I just pull the door open from the edge - it's quite a soft rubbery
open/close.

The only thing with that is for the non-regulars, it's a 'Norman door'
.... and it's the same with those top / bottom handles for that matter,
unless you are looking out for the hinges (which are also sometimes
disguised behind dummy covers).

Never even thought about it before you mentioned it!

Maybe it's because I don't bite my fingernails and have damaged a few
trying to pull the wrong side of a (Norman) door open. ;-(

I might be tempted to print and fit something like this (but only
attach it with double sided tape (so it can be removed cleanly)):

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2970020

Cheers, T i m