Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: 'Self defrosting' freezers?

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 11:35:33 +0000 (UTC), RJH
wrote:

snip

May I ask what model your Beko is Rob (when you go down their next
etc).

It's a:

https://www.beko.co.uk/freezer-fxs5043-silver-white

Ah, thanks Rob.

That link also confirms my other question re the large 'Flame
retardant back' banner. ;-)

Looking at the picture ... something that comes to mind is that our
under counter Zanussi fridge and (separate) freezer, whilst not from
the same era, have actual handles on the door edge(s), rather than the
fingertip type along the top (as an aside, look like they would catch
all sorts of debris?).

Ironically, because I was hoping to put an 'under counter' unit 'on' a
std worktop height surface, the 'handle' would end up being quite high
up? No issue for me but wouldn't be as obvious / easy for the Mrs (as
a real handle).

Nothing stopping me 3D printing a suitable handle and sticking it on
the edge with some suitably strong double sided tape etc.

Or fitting the door on upside down, placing the handle underneath, as
it might be on a combined upright fridge / freezer (assuming any door
molding / seal / hinge-mountings would allow).

Cheers, T i m