Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Computer sound query

In article ,
Bert Coules wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

I ought to try making some recordings from the various mics I have
available, to compare them myself, instead of relying on what other people
have commented.

I've been thinking the same. And it would also be worthwhile to listen to
them on more than one piece of gear: my PC's audio playback might well be
colouring the sound even further.

Maybe look at virtual mixer/eq software, e.g.

https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

Interesting; thanks for the link.

On Zoom meetings I can link my laptop to the TV via an HDMI cable (or by
screen mirror - but this introduces more latency) which allows the sound
to be from the same system as the TV sound - in my case through the Hi-Fi
system.

But the simplest way would be a decent USB headset.

--
*Broken pencils are pointless.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.