Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bradley Bowman Bradley Bowman is offline

Default switching most of my batteries over to Eneloops, but.....

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 15:42:08 -0800, Phil Allison wrote:

Bradley Bowman wrote:
==================

I've had some decent results with the Amazon Basics 9Vs, but I'm not
a very heavy user. My DMM uses one, and the others are primarily for
final testing a type of guitar preamp that I repair for people.

** Those are Alkaline types, so non rechargeable.

Ah, my mistake, I was unclear.
The ones I'm using are the Amazon Basics Ni-MH variety.

** In a DMM ??
Don't you get tired of having to recharge it ?

Well, no.

That's what impressed me. I didn't really expect them to work as well for me as they
do at a pretty low price point. They might not be the right choice for a heavier
user though.

I didn't notice they had Li-ion ones as well when I bought a set.

** Not Li-ion, non rechargeable lithium.

There are lots of sub types of "lithium" - most commonly they are 3V
cells.
So three inside a 9V unit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithiu...es_and_formats

.... Phil

Gotcha, I was skimming too quick that day. I see the ones you're talking about
now. After a closer search, I realized the Li-ion 9Vs I saw then weren't Amazon
Basics brand -- though they "looked" like the Amazon Basics at first blush (same
color scheme).