Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default No pictures

Tim Streater wrote:
On 13 Mar 2021 at 16:41:48 GMT, williamwright wrote:

The big drawback to this sort of group is that you can't post a picture.
I know you can put it on Dropbox or wherever but that's a faff. On
Facebook or Whatsapp all I have to do to post a picture is
Click on camera and take the picture
Click on the Snipping Tool and go 'edit-copy'
Click on my message and go 'paste'.

After which FB etc can sell your pic to anyone they choose.

I dont think they can. You *have* to give FB permission to share your
pictures (otherwise Facebook simply wouldnt work) but the ownership
remains yours. https://fossbytes.com/do-i-own-my-facebook-photos/

We're tending to use Signal rather than Whatsapp these days as it's not owned
by any of the big boys AFAIK.

Hardly a substitute for USENET though...

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls