Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Computer sound query

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 18:45:38 -0000, "Bert Coules"
wrote:

Dave W wrote:

Zoom has a checkbox for 'disable Windows ducking', which might be
relevant.

Where is this? I have the latest version of Zoom but can't find any such
option. Thanks.

Unfortunately I can't find it now. I saw it when I join Zoom meetings
run by someone else - perhaps they have a different version (Windows
10).

On my own Zoom software, version 5.5.4 (Windows 8.1), the audio
settings a

SettingsAudio Automatically adjust microphone volume on/off
Suppress background noise auto/low/medium/high

SettingsAudioAdvanced Echo cancellation options auto/aggressive,
Checkbox for 'Show in-meeting option to "Enable Original Sound" from
microphone'. Info says "This option automatically disables Zoom noise
suppression, removes high pass filtering, and removes automatic gain
control. It is recommended for playing music and for studio-like
environments with higher quality microphones, speakers, or audio
interfaces. It is not recommended for use in noisy environments or for
general meetings use.