Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Computer fixed

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 12 Mar 2021 22:16:41 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

I recently had a customer computer (an Acer all in one) that was
sporadically giving the "innaccessible boot device" error.Going into
the "bios" was often impossible and when you could the hard drive did
not exist. I pulled it apart and put Stabilant 22 on the connectors to
thehard drive, re-assembled it, and it has not miss-behaved since
(over 2 weeks now)
The stuff is about $200 an ounce - and worth every penny!!

Better than Deoxit?

WAY better. At least for the application. It makes a plug-in
connection electrically equivalent to a soldered joint - and can't
short fine pitch terminals - and it is basically invisible and
non-staining. It's even good on potentiometers and in switches.

I did think the connections might be a problem. I opened the case and
tried to jiggle the ones I could reach but they were firm.

And the problem started just after I used used a couple unusual
programs, PCUnlocker and PassFab 4Winkey. Neither of them worked
completely, so that too made me suspicious. OTOH, they are just
supposed to read and maybe write the SAM directory in
Windows\system32\config\... and were not supposed to do anything to the
boot files, so it's a strange coincidence.

Both get pretty good reviews and complaints are mostly about not getting
their money back when it doesn't work. Not about it screwing up the
computer.