ameijers

Default Audio Wiring Estimate

"Fiber Optic" wrote in message
news:MXJHc.894$sj.412@lakeread02...
A contractor is quoting me $100 per location for running 16 gauge audio
wiring in my new home which is being built by the main contractor. A
"location" is basically a single room, with two speaker locations, a
volume control location, and wiring all locations to one central location.

Only the wiring is included, not the volume control knobs.

I have 12 locations which turns out to be $1200.

Does this sound reasonable?

I need to ask the contractor if conduit can be installed as well for
future wiring changes/updates. I'm hoping this does not affect the cost
too much.

If the walls are still open, sounds damn steep to me. I'd buy a couple reels
of lamp cord (of a thicker gauge), and run it myself for a couple hundred.

Now if this is a last-minute add-in on your part, and the walls are already
rocked and mudded, it doesn't sound that unreasonable. Fishing and slotting
and patching drywall are all a PITA.

aem sends....