PrecisionMachinisT

Default Audio Wiring Estimate

"Fiber Optic" wrote in message
news:MXJHc.894$sj.412@lakeread02...
A contractor is quoting me $100 per location for running 16 gauge audio
wiring in my new home which is being built by the main contractor. A
"location" is basically a single room, with two speaker locations, a
volume control location, and wiring all locations to one central location.

Only the wiring is included, not the volume control knobs.

I have 12 locations which turns out to be $1200.

Does this sound reasonable?

I need to ask the contractor if conduit can be installed as well for
future wiring changes/updates. I'm hoping this does not affect the cost
too much.

Any help appreciated.
Chris

Suggest using 70.7v wiring, home run.....22 ga will pass more total watts
that way.

--

SVL