Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Ethanol

newshound wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Also, less healthy as you have to check it every day to make sure it's
not going off.

Thats very arguable too given that I always drink one 750ml
bottle every day, half before dinner and half with dinner.
There is some evidence that that level is good for your health.

There should have been a smiley at the end of my comment.

No need, it was obvious what you meant.

You may have more self-control than I have :-)

I do. Mate of mine said that I would drink a lot more once
I made my own, but I dont I drink exactly the same amount
and have done that for more than half a century now.

Actually with pubs closed, like you I typically drink one bottle of beer
most evenings.

Some years ago my wife went to Oz with a friend who had family there. They
went to their local pub one evening, IIRC it was a 120 mile round trip.
Their supermarket was nearer, but still a significant distance, which does
shift the calculations somewhat.

Another mate of mine still travels that far for the beer he drinks at home
and drinks a lot more than I do. It was odd to see him get out of the
passenger seat of ute with his wife driving, she never drives with both
of them in the car. He damned near fell out of the ute that time. Boy
was she ****ed off about him that time }-(

He used to regularly drive further than that for garage sales many weekends
before the virus ****ed the garage sales and did so again today.