Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default 'Right to repair' law to come in this summer

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Tricky Dicky explained on 10/03/2021 :
Whereas a Haynes manual might recommend using a Castrol grease tin to drift
in a bearing, no such chance with the official manual.

Cars have become very much more complex, the Haynes manual for the past
two or three decades have not covered much of the car, or especially
it's electrical systems.

First workshop manual I bought was in the 60s. A genuine factory one for
an MG. it was head and shoulders above the Haynes one. And nothing changed
since then.

I bought a manual for my Anglia _ not a Haynes - a bit cheaper. There is
one sentence that I still remember after nearly 60 years " If the
windscreen wipers fail to operate or operate intermittently, connect a 0-15
volt meter across the terminals and check that a current of 5 amps is being
drawn."

How to find the wiper motor waa never explained

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England