Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default 'Right to repair' law to come in this summer

on 11/03/2021, Dave Plowman (News) supposed :
First workshop manual I bought was in the 60s. A genuine factory one for
an MG. it was head and shoulders above the Haynes one. And nothing changed
since then.

The Haynes manuals used to be based on the manufacturers version, plus
their own experience gained in stripping cars down. They stopped doing
that long ago, now they just repeat excerpts from the manufacturers
manuals.

My last Granada, the final version, was bought cheap with lots of
electrical issues. I bought the Haynes manual assuming they were like
of old, with a full set of diagrams. I was very wrong, so I complained
to Haynes who very helpfully posted me a full A3 set of the
manufacturers diagrams. They would have filled several Haynes manuals.
....Yes, I did manage to sort out all of its issues and ran it for many
years, whilst hoping Ford might bring out a successor to the Granada.