Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Micro Adjustment of Table Saw Fence in increments as small as0.001 inch. Demonstrated on SawStop T-Glide

On Wednesday, March 10, 2021 at 2:23:03 PM UTC-5, DJ Delorie wrote:
whit3rd writes:
Yabbut... when I probe with feeler gages, I'm not feeling that the
drag from 0.017" blade is the same as the drag when inserting the
0.016" blade.

I got the same arguments when I built my router table with 0.001"
precision fence and lift systems. "But wood moves!" Yeah, but it won't
move *now* and these dovetails are sensitive to a few thou difference.
Plus, both pieces will move the same later.

Same with the TS, which now also has an 0.001" precision fence (finally
. It's not about being exactly one inch, it's about being exactly the
right size to fit other pieces. Your finger can detect a 0.001"
difference in height at a seam, for example, and if all the parts swell
together, that feelable seam will be feelable forever.

"...if all the parts swell together"

Shouldn't that be an uppercase, bold face, larger font size, bright red,
italicized "if"?